And see ya later stupid stinky 2014!
Yes, I truly mean that. 2014 was the worst year of my life and it was all my fault.
1. I worried too much
I worried far too much about what other people were doing, and what the consequences would be if I made certain life choices – and in the end – I didn’t do or decide anything! I didn’t go for a job I actually wanted (and was still jealous of everyone else’s) and it took me until the end of the year to accept that spending a ridiculous amount on rent for an amazing apartment is frivolous but it makes me SO HAPPY!
2. I didn’t give myself any goals or challenges
I didn’t strive for anything or even decide on anything that I wanted to achieve last year – so I ended up not achieving anything. And it’s the worst feeling.
3. I wasn’t selfish enough
And lastly, I didn’t dedicate enough time for myself, and I didn’t make enough selfish decisions. I also spent 2014 thinking about what everyone else wanted or needed from me, which is great, but not when it comes at the sacrifice of my own needs. You can’t make anyone else happy, if you aren’t making yourself happy. You just end up feeling resentful.
I actually have a long mental (and physical) list of things I want to achieve. Some are big lifetime dreams, others are far smaller and I may not be able to achieve all of them this year, but here is my list in progress.
1. Learn how to drive
Join a sports team
3. Open a savings account and save at least £5,000 this year
Redecorate two rooms in my mum’s place
5. Plan myself bi-weekly Chinese lessons with my amazing friend/tutor
6. Run 10k (I have never been able to run more than 3k eek)
7. Plan a trip and help my Uncle visit my family in Singapore
8. Start upcycling more clothes!
9. Go on a volunteering holiday
Bath and Stonehenge Lake District!
11. Blog at least twice a month
12. Eat less meat and eat more Japanese-y
13. Finish a book each month
This list is to be revised, updated and added to. How will you make the most of 2015?